How Willing are YOU to become a Great Entrepreneur?
Author: Gary Whitehill
Being an entrepreneur is a heck of an undertaking.
I believe being an entrepreneur is one of the greatest professional life experiences a person can have. When you sign up, you may have stars in your eyes and be armed with your dreams, passions and imagination. Good! You’re going to need them all.
Being an entrepreneur is a choice – a GREAT one.
As an entrepreneur, get ready to be turned upside down and inside out as a person. I promise you will learn who you really are and find out what you’re really made of. As the saying goes: “no guts, no glory.”
So I ask you: How willing are you to be an entrepreneur? A great one? Are you willing to:
- make mistakes? And go broke from them while you’re figuring out what to do and what not to do?
- come up against bankruptcy, critics and the judgments from and the fears of your family and friends – along with your own?
- pick up the pieces, even when you feel broken, and keep going?
- admit when something just isn’t working the way you wanted it to? Are you even willing to abandon it, dissolve it and start something new?
- ask others for help, support and things you couldn’t even imagine you’d need? Like food, shelter, money and even a shower?
- lose everything? And after being completely broke and seeing your life turn upside down, could you stand up, brush off your bruises and scrapes and go at it again with even more enthusiasm, energy, effort and joy?
even willing to ask the creditors you’ve created to support you instead of sue you and help you to dig yourself out of a situation you innocently created with them?
Could you? Would you?
I have been through everything you have just read about. I’m not the first and I certainly won’t be the last. But I’m still here. I’m still standing and I’m still loving every minute of being an entrepreneur.
Yes, being an entrepreneur has its trials and tribulations – personally and professionally – and I won’t shield you from them and these truths about situations and conditions you may find yourself in.
I can also tell you with certainty that there is no greater joy or life learning experience than being an entrepreneur. It truly is a blessing, a challenge, a conundrum, a catastrophe, a phenomenon and one of the most amazing experiences you’ll ever have. It’s going to do its best to break you – your confidence, your clarity, your commitment, your strength, your spirit and your heart.
With the right mindset, spirit, fortitude and friends, you’ll become a great entrepreneur who learns to weather the storms of the learning curve and enjoy chasing your dreams.
You Can Do It!
Tags: No tags where found.